stats counter
Loading...

0
Loading...

As a way to save energy and money, numerous people decide to replace the old light bulbs with eco-friendly energy-saving ones. However, it is also true that the newest generation of energy-efficient light bulbs is very toxic.
Due to all this, the United States Protection Agency has issued an emergency protocol which should be followed in case of a breakage of these light bulbs, as they contain a poisonous gas.
Actually, if a light bulb of this kind breaks in your home, it will emit up to 20 times more mercury concentration than it is allowed in the air.
This has been confirmed by the findings of a study conducted by a team of scientists who work at the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute on a project managed by the German Federal Environment Agency. They have found that these light bulbs can cause:
  • Migraines;
  • Inability to focus and concentrate;
  • Frequent headaches;
  • Seizures;
  • Dizziness and disorientation;
  • Fatigue;
  • Anxiety.
Numerous experts and researchers maintain that these energy efficient bulbs might lead to anxiety, migraines, and even cancer.
Namely, they are rich in mercury which is a potent neurotoxin that can be extremely dangerous for pregnant women and children, as it affects the liver, brain, nervous system, and kidneys, and might cause issues linked to the reproductive, immune, and cardiovascular system.
Experts claim that mercury also causes memory loss, headaches, anxiety, tremors, insomnia, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
These light bulbs also release high amounts of UV rays, UV-C and plenty of UV-B radiation. This radiation is extremely harmful to the skin and the eyesight. Moreover, it weakens the immune system and skin tissues as it inhibits the synthesizing of vitamin D3.
Furthermore, a recent study conducted by Peter Braun at Alab Laboratory in Berlin has found that these light bulbs contain harmful carcinogens which might lead to cancer, including:
Styrene – which is a liquid hydrocarbon and petroleum byproduct
Naphthalene – It is an unstable, white crystalline structure formed during the process of distillation of coal tar, and is commonly used in the chemical manufacturing and mothballs.
Phenol – This is another acidic toxic white crystalline compound created from coal tar, and is commonly used in the chemical industry. 
Loading...
What Do You Think ? Add a Comment....
 
Loading...